What’s the Real Estate Market like in Madison WI? Phenominal! Well, for some. It depends on what side of the fence you’re on. There are some things you’ll need to look at:
1.) Take a look at your local area. Your own city, your own town, wherever. Ask around; look around. Stop listening to the national stats all the time. Every now and then is cool but you can’t compare the living conditions and housing in Lancaster CA to say McFarland WI. Take a deep breath and blink.
2.) Don’t automatically jump ship on being a first time homeowner in Madison and surrounding areas. There are some things you’ll need to ask yourself(selves)…
- When is your lease up?
- Are you mentally ready for the responsibilites of your own home?
- Who are the major decision makers in the household?
- How much house can you afford?
Ask yourself some seriously hard questions before heading to all those open houses.
Remember, it is indeed a Buyers market right now. But, if you’ve got a home to sell and are looking you may need to cut your price, be prepared to hold onto your current listing for however long it may take or acquire a bridge loan to purchase until your other one sells.
So, if you already own a home, only you can decide what’s important in this scenario:
- Are you able to buy another home without selling your current home?
- Are you wanting to sell or purchase first?
- What’s a more comfortable extreme: owning two homes or owning none?